18 March 2006

Donuts with Daddys

Thursday was Donuts with Daddys day at my son's school. I took the morning off and spent an hour in my son's class. The class had been working for two weeks in preparation for this day. I got:

A tie.



















I wore my tie to work for the rest of the day. My students kept asking me, "Did your kid make that?" Eventually, I started making up answers. "Umm...No...Why do you ask?" "No...I did...does it look like something a child could do?" It was great fun and gave me a lead into bragging about my boy.

A book with a portrait of me.



















According to the book:
Daddy (that's me)...

"works at a place with markers and he's a teacher" (whenever he visits me at school, my son spend his time drawing on the whiteboard)

"is 81 years old" (a joke typical of my son)

"favorite thing to eat is turkey" (I don't know where he got that)

"his favorite things to do at home are teaching me and play rock, paper, scissors"

"favorite color is orange" (my boy assigned favorite colors to everyone in the household when he was three; mine has always been orange. I don't know why)

"favorite sport is soccer" (true)

"favorite thing [my son] to do with Dad is play Star Wars with light sabers" (true, but did he have to tell everybody that?)

Finally, "I love my Dad because he is funny and cool" (also true)


I also got three Munckins, but my son ate one of them. I didn't mind too much.

He didn't mind it when I had to leave, but I had to step over three girls that were in severe emotional distress after their fathers left.


Peace

No comments: