31 August 2010

Constituting America

A student of mine won a national award for a short film she made about the Constitution.  She will be going to Philadelphia in a few weeks to accept the prize. 

The organization that gave her the award is called Constituting America.  The organization's mission is to: "reach, educate and inform America's youth and her citizens about the importance of the U.S. Constitution and the foundation it sets forth regarding our freedoms and rights."  Constituting America was founded by the talented Janine Turner and is co-chaired by Cathy Gillespie.  The National Youth Director for CA is Janine's daughter Juliette. 

The Constituting America RV/Bus showed up to school on Friday, and Janine, Juliette, and Cathy were there to interview my student.  I had the pleasure of meeting them all and, because I suggested that my student enter the contest, I also ended up being interviewed by the crew.  I shall try to post more later about this thrilling and fascinating day.

My student's video can be seen at the website under the category "Best Short Film."  You might see someone you know in the film.  It was not his best performance. 

Enjoy

Peace
..._

1 comment:

Mike said...

Very cool! I imagine these are the moments that make teaching worthwhile. Well done!