13 March 2010

Donuts with Daddys Part III: I Love my Dad because he eats Corn!

It has been my pleasure to go to my childrens' Donuts with Daddies events whenever possible.  I told about two previous events with my eldest here and here.  With four children I have found it difficult to go to each one.  I missed the twins' event recently but I still got to keep a tie and a questionnaire of each of their impressions of me.   They are three and a half.

Matthew:
What is your Dad's name? Daddy
How old is your Dad? 3
What color are Dad's eyes?  Red (me: I must be really scary)
Hair? Orange
How tall is your Dad? This tall [raised his hand]
What is Dad's favorite food?  Chicken
What is your Dad's job? Teacher (me: good job)
Where is Dad's favorite place to go?  work (me: not so much)
What is Dad's favorite TV show?  football (me: he enjoyed watching football with me this fall)
What does Dad do around the house? play, eats (me: sad but accurate)
What is your favorite thing to do with your Dad? Watch a show
I love my Dad because I do!

William:
What is your Dad's name? Mark (me: what?)
How old is your Dad? 8 (me: closer than your brother's guess)
What color are Dad's eyes? Blue (me: well done)
Hair? Black
How tall is your Dad? Bigger
What is Dad's favorite food? apples (me: not so much)
What is your Dad's job? works on computers (me: teaching involves so much mouse work these days that I have to give him credit for this one)
Where is Dad's favorite place to go? stay home (me: I didn't know that he knew me this well)
What is Dad's favorite TV show? movies (me: well done)
What does Dad do around the house? plays with me; watches TV (me: true; I am glad they both said "play")
What is your favorite thing to do with your Dad? eat carrots with him; color (me: carrots?  Carrots!)
I love my Dad because he eats corn! (me: again with the food)

I love those two boys.  I am sorry I missed their day with me, but we are on a strict "don't take any days off because it is re-enrollment (and new contract) season."


I spent a day in the mountains recently.  Here's a photo for your enjoyment.  I may post about the adventure.  I may not.  Check out my photos at my Flickr for more of the same.
















Peace
..._

No comments: