08 August 2005

Pre-Planning Begins!

I am sitting here in my new room at school, drinking a Diet Cherry Coke, looking at the stacks of books and files and papers mountained up on the tables, listening to Midnight Oil's 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, and wondering, can I do it another year? Do I want to do it another year?

My son has informed us that he is to be refered to as "Super-xxxx" from now on. His super powers are jumping and fire (Spyro the Dragon). The entire family is "super". My power is painting. My wife's power is clean clothes. My two year old girl's power is crying (amen brother). Anything can be a cape, a piece of paper, a piece of plastic, a blanket, etc. When he came home Saturday night from a long day out he began to sort everything in the room by color. Pray for us.

Peace

2 comments:

Scott said...

I've noticed that drinking what I call "defective" colas (Diet Coke, Caffiene Free Coke, any Pepsi product) will greatly affect your outlook, possibly leaading to clinical depression.

The men who walked on the moon? They drank unadulterated Coke. The men who won the Cold War and defeated communism? The Real Thing, in glass bottles no less.

Drop that fairy, fruity soda and get it together, man! Purity of essence, and all that.

Splitcat Chintzibobs said...

What did the lack of gravity do to the carbonization? What would happen if you opened a Coke in a vacuum?

Purity of essence. P.O.E. Peace On Earth. Pepsi Or Else.

The men who won the Cold War generally died at the age of 58 of coronary artery disease or lung cancer. They may have drunk the real thing, but I think their manliness came from nicotine. Marlboro man, and all that.

That being said, I don't think I can serve two masters much longer. Diet tastes like xxxxx. I used five "x's" to keep you wondering.