17 August 2005

Sauce for the Goose

Occasionally, something will happen or something will be said that makes it all worthwhile. Yesterday, a fellow teacher gave me this good report: “I have a couple of your former students in my study hall. They’re seniors and they were lamenting the fact that they don’t have you as a teacher this year. They said, ‘If only we could have Mr. Chintzibobs one more time for one more class’ and ‘Yeah, just for one more class, I don’t care what it would be’.” Only a couple of hours later, a student on probationary admittance burst out on the second day of class, “You know, I used to hate English. Now this is the only class that I look forward to going to during the day.” The class was a chorus of "amens" (metaphorically speaking).
I don’t usually toot my own horn, but I have needed a little bit of tooting lately. So, toot-toot.

Now, publish post and glow.

Peace

No comments: