26 October 2005

Thar's Cold in them thar Hills

Atlanta has gone from long lasting summer to early winter. We seem to have skipped fall completely. I was running the air conditioner three weeks ago. Two nights ago I had to fire up the furnace. The AJC reported that they closed a road in North Georgia due to flurries/icing. Next thing you know, they will be closing school because gas prices are too high! Oh, wait...nevermind. There was a thick layer of frost on my windshield this morning. This proved to be a more difficult problem than usual.

While driving home yesterday, the temperature gauge on my vehicle spiked to hot, an alarm sounded, and I began an emergency pullover. Before the echoes of the alarm tone had abated, the temperature suddenly fell to normal so I returned home. My vehicle, she is dying. It is not dying a sudden, glorious death, but is failing system by system. In the last year: external door latch breaks on passenger side making door operable only from the inside, air conditioner begins only blowing out of the defroster, driver side automatic window ceases functioning, left rear window ceases functioning, ABS light goes on, brake light goes on, check engine light goes on, emissions test fails due to previous failure, am radio ceases functioning. Today, the heat went out. I believe the heating failure must be related to yesterday's overheating problem. If she were a horse, I'd shoot her.

Cars make me tired. I have direct primary source evidence that Henry Ford was the anti-Christ.

Peace

UPDATE: The heat was on this morning! I found one of the problems myself.

1 comment:

fiorinda said...

I think we should shoot her anyway. And put us out of our misery.